I’ve been giving some thought to my 2010 Goals, now that it is April and Grace is no longer brand new and I’ve had some time to think about things.
Here’s my new list:
1. Have baby. (Keeping that one, obviously, since I accomplished it! Even if I did it ahead of schedule, at the end of 2009.)
2. Write. Anything, as long as it makes me feel like a writer again. (And if I happen to finish that MG novel, I will show it to Nova.)
3. Knitting goals: finish design that was accepted (done), submit at least one more proposal (one down, two more being written), and self-publish one pattern (I have a few partly done and will pick one to finish).
4. Go rollerskating. (What? It seems pretty doable.)
5. Get another tattoo.
6. There is nooooooooo number six!
7. Teach someone to knit. (Done! And hopefully I’ll also teach K, since it’s on her 30 by 30.)
8. Do at least one of the food-related items on my Life List.
9. Dye my hair blue.
10. Go on vacation with my family.
I had been thinking I’d have to give up that last one, but my mom decided for me! She is coming out here in June to meet Grace (circumstances made it impossible for her to come sooner) and we are going to drive up to NorCal (that’s northern California) with the kids and my sister to see my Grandpa. I am really hoping Will can get a few days off work and join us.
I’m trying to plan the trip in such a way to make it the best possible for everyone, but especially Sam. Mom wants to go to Half Moon Bay, which K and I loved when we were there in (OMG) 1989 and I think Sam will enjoy. And I want to detour to Gold Rush country! As I mentioned over here, I bought a travel book on the subject. Sam saw the picture on the cover and asked to go there, so I think it’s probably a good bet.
So what else to do? We’re probably going to drive up the 101. Doesn’t it go across the Golden Gate Bridge? I hope so. That would be awesome. Who wants to meet us at the Japanese Tea Gardens in Golden Gate Park?