What the heck, I’ll put this in list form.
- I know this is way TMI for some of you, and will necessitate google for others (who will most likely then cry TMI), but. Sam likes colostrum.
- I was all set to do a big batch of canning, making pickles and stuff, this week. I borrowed a book on small batch canning from the library. I determined that my pasta pot will work for a canner. I made a list of everything I needed. And then I could not find mason jars. Of course, I have one million jars at home, but you have to have fresh lids. SIGH. So this week I will be making some refrigerator pickles.
- The Pea Pod sweater is coming along beautifully. It is now apparent that the yarn behaved so badly because it wanted to be this sweater. IT COULD HAVE EMAILED ME OR SOMETHING.
- I can carry three children at once. Heck, I probably could have managed a fourth on my back, but there wasn’t one handy.
- Yesterday we went to the library. Actually, we went to two libraries. The local branch to pick up my canning book and drop off some other books, and downtown to pick up some books for Will. The main library was having a huge book sale and I got two Halloween books (one is The 13 Days Of Halloween, like The 12 Days of Christmas, and the other is crafts for kids), a novel for Will, a book for my friend’s kids, and a book from a Time Life series that I seem to be collecting, all for $3.25. Then we stopped at a yard sale and I got Moosewood’s low-fat cookbook for a dollar. Apparently I am worried that we might run out of books.
- I am trying out that meal planning idea this week. I have a list of meals we like and bought appropriate ingredients. I’ll let you know how it goes. Honestly, I’m a little bit nervous about planning ahead like this.
- My current favorite Sam thing: for the last several weeks he has been singing along to his favorite movies. To the score. It is so awesome.
OK, we’re off to help Shelby move in with Briana. Hope your weekend is as lovely as mine.