I’m really struggling lately with having NOTHING to wear. I have ONE outfit that I love, which I wore today:
I usually wear a necklace and/or scarf. Today I wore Damson wrapped around my neck, but I took it off before I thought to take a picture.
As you can see, I lack a full-length mirror and the ability to pick up messes before taking photos.
I need more outfits that make me feel like this. I need enough nice things that I can mix and match instead of wearing the same things together all the time. (Although it would be pretty funny if someone got deja vu because I did that.) It’s time for a wardrobe makeover (or wardrobe opera, which is the result of a typo–not mine–and is the best idea ever).
I’m making a checklist of pieces I own and things I want. The latter is a little overwhelming, and it’s just basic stuff. I won’t post the list, mainly because I lack the energy to make it a nice tidy table, but here are a few of my observations:
- I have literally ONE pair of shoes right now. I think I need a second.
- I have ONE pair of jeans that fit me, and my only black pants are actually Will’s and I need black pants for roller derby (reffing, not skating).
- I have plenty of tights, which surprises me. Target clearance FTW.
- I have t-shirts, but no tops.
- I have (semi-)dressy dresses but would really love a jersey sundress or two.
- I am quite lacking in sweaters of both the pullover and cardigan variety, which is a bit distressing as a knitter.
- I love this skirt–so why don’t I have any other skirts I actually wear? I need more skirts like this one.
My main problem is figuring out where to start. My budget is approximately $0 but I do have a little work coming my way which will translate to a (very modest) budget down the road.
So how do I do this?