December Project #4

I made a Christmas bunting!

I collected the fabrics last year and the year before, a quarter yard at a time. (There is a fifth print, holly on a yellowish background, but it didn’t fit with the others as well as I’d hoped so I’m saving it for something else.) The candy canes are Michael Miller, the trees on cream are Riley Blake Designs, and the other two don’t have markings on the selvedge. I think at least one of them is Alexander Henry.

I cut triangles, alternating direction, across the width of the fabric and taking up the (approx. 9 inch) height, stopping when I had eight of each print. Each triangle is six inches wide at the top.

Because I alternated direction, half of the tree print triangles are upside down, but that worked out fine. I sewed them wrong sides together along both long sides of the triangle, turned right side out, and sewed the tops to the ribbon, with the upside right trees facing out. If I had a better setup and/or were less lazy, I would have ironed them before sewing to the ribbon, but I don’t/am not.

Cutting and sewing took about an hour. CRAFTING IS AWESOME.

Comments are closed.