Sam thinks I am marvelous. In my frustration because he wasn’t napping, I walked out of the bedroom earlier, leaving him with Will. As I left he reached toward the door and called out, “Mama! Mama? Mama!” True story.
It is a good thing he likes me so much, because he is really driving me crazy.
My grand accomplishment for this week so far is that I have not made it to the post office yet. Tomorrow, I swear. And I will mail the box holding Jackson’s blanket. Finally.
It is knitted as a garter stitch mitre square — the cast-on edge forms two sides of the finished product, and you decrease every other row, two k2togs right in the middle. When you run out of stitches, you’re at the opposite corner. If you are wiser than me, you will not do it in so many stripes, and therefore avoid weaving in ten million ends. Also you will maybe do it doll-sized so it does not take you months and months.
Quick Sam interlude: the baby is on the floor, playing with a Harry Potter book. He pulled them all off the shelf (just them, no other books) and now he’s opening and closing Half-Blood Prince repeatedly. His favorite book is Mr. Brown Can Moo. Do you think he’s ready for HP6?
Writing update: Agent B passed on our script. A while ago, actually, but I was really bummed because there go our chances of getting it in front of Ridley Scott, so I didn’t say anything. We’ve done a new draft for Agent A and will send it to her as soon as I edit the hell out of it. (I’m not saying which of us made the changes, but it definitely wasn’t the one with a copy editing certificate.) Fingers crossed, people. Or toes if that’s more convenient.
So as long as we are still not paid screenwriters, I must continue to attempt to make money in other ways. You can help! If you hear of any writing gigs, please let me know. I am especially interested in (and qualified for) reviews and blogging. I’ll also take on copy editing work. I have a portfolio up, and am typing up my ‘proper’ resume in ye olde html.
Other things you can do to help:
- visit the Style For Mom site and click on an ad or two (as a contributor, I get a percentage of that revenue)
- buy a t-shirt or a coffee mug, and let me know if there are other products you’d like to see womlu on
- shop my etsy store, which I’ll be updating this week, for handknits and other goodies
- if you blog, add me to your blogroll — normally I’d never ask for links, but I think if you’re already reading you probably like my blog (I hope)
- If you’re pregnant or a parent, visit wikiPregnancy and register an account. You can comment on or edit any page. I’ve been working on the site for about a year and am currently the moderator.
- buy something in my virtual yard sale (I will try to make up a list of books but there are hundreds and they’re in boxes so no promises; a list of clothing is forthcoming)
If, you know, you don’t mind being scammed.